Toronto Festival Guide - August 2015
Remember: Please ALWAYS check with website for exact dates, etc. as details may change after the listing is posted here. More festivals will be posted whenever dates, etc have been confirmed.
Changes: Hot & Spicy Food Festival has moved to September
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)
Aug 21-Sept 7, 2015
The following are some dates you should keep in mind:
- Buy your tickets before Opening Day and SAVE $$ (avail from June 8) - this special ends Aug 20
- $8 @ the Gate Opening Day Special: Grounds admission is only $8 on Friday, August 21
- $6 after 5pm: Just pay $6 after 5pm each Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs (except Labour Day Monday)
The following are artists performing FREE concerts (with admission) at the CNE.
- Aug 25: Chubby Checker
- Aug 26: Rick Springfield
- Aug 27: Leroy Sibbles
- Aug 28: Foghat
- Aug 29: Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts
- Aug 30: The Last Waltz - A Musical Celebration of THE BAND
- Aug 31: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Sept 1: Cody Simpson - YOUTH DAY (TBC)
- Sept 2: Brett Kissel
- Sept 3: Tokyo Police Club
- Sept 4: MKTO
- Sept 5: Monster Truck
- Sept 6: Dallas Smith
The following are just some of the special events.
- Toonie Mondays: Kids 13 & under [Aug 24 & 31]
- Free Till 3: 19 yrs & under [Sept 1: before 3pm]
- Ribfest [Every day]
- Food Products Day [Aug 26]
- Food Truck Frenzy [Aug 28-30]
- Canadian International Air Show [Sept 5-7]
|Location: Exhibition Place, 210 Princes' Blvd, Toronto|
|Tickets || Website || Twitter|
Aug 27-30, 2015
Over 4 days and nights, Toronto’s international busker festival will entertain audiences along Yonge Street, as well as surrounding areas. There is a Buskerball on Aug 19.
Scotiabank Buskerfest is produced by Epilepsy Toronto as a fundraiser in support of people with epilepsy and their families. So it's no surprise that the proceeds collected at the festival will go towards Epilepsy Toronto. So, take lots of change for the performers - PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY!
|Location: Yonge Street (Yonge/Dundas St area, downtown Toronto)|
|Website || FREE but donations are welcome - Pay what you can|
Toronto Burlesque Festival
Aug 27-30, 2015
Celebrating the best of burlesque! 4 hot nights of scintillating striptease, variety and live music branching from across Canada and beyond.
Expect to see the top names in international burlesque entertainment and more! For more information, please visit their website.
|Location: Mod Club, 722 College St|
|Website || Twitter|
Aug 28-30, 2015: 11am-7pm
|Location: Harbourfront Centre|
|FREE || Harbourfront Schedule || Website || Twitter|
Mabuhay Philippines Festival
Aug 29-30, 2015
The theme this year is “Kulay” (Colour). Fashion show by Agnes Miranda featuring Salud and Pamaong creations. Performances include The Muso Project, The Belinda Corpuz Band, Gian Carlo Bobilla Group, Yan Yon All Stars, and many more!
Activities begin at NOON both days.
|Location: David Pecaut Sq, 215 King St West|
|Website || FREE|